Tasks are an important commodity within any business. They give your business structure and organization. Here at MessageDesk, we prioritize and simplify task creation so that you can spend less time communicating reminders to your contacts or employees and more time creating new customers or contacts.
In this article, we show you how to create, assign, and edit a task within the MessageDesk App.
How to Create and Assign a Task
Click “Plugins" from the left-hand side menu. Then choose "Tasks".
2. From within the top menu, choose "New Task"
3. Once the “Task Type/Title” dialogue box appears, select the “Task Type” from the drop down options.
4. Enter the “Task Title.”
5. Once the “Assigned User/Group” dialogue box appears, you will be given some options:
a. Click “Unassigned” if you wish to leave the task with no owner as of yet.
b. Click “Search for Group” if you would like to assign the task to one of your groups.
c. Click “Assign to Myself” if you would like to assign the task to yourself.
d. Click into the search box at the bottom. This allows you to assign tasks by searching or selecting customers, employees, or any user with a profile in your database.
6. Once you have assigned the task, the “Task Description & Notes” dialogue box will appear.
7. Type in an appropriate description for the task.
8. Click “Save” in order to save the task.
How to Edit a Task
Navigate to the "Tasks" page by clicking on "Plugins" within the left-hand menu.
2. Locate the task in the “All” tab. Click on the task you would like to edit.
3. Now that you've clicked on the task you want to edit, you will be able to change any of the information you'd like.
4. Complete the edits needed.
5. Click “Save” to save the changes you have made.
Task management is crucial to every business no matter if you're dealing in service industries like contracting companies or in the professional realm as lawyers or accountants. MessageDesk makes it easy for any business improve their daily productivity.